- Speed up JDeveloper! Performance Optimization Tips
- Beware, setting the look and feel to windows mess up the wizards for contextual events. After setting up a CE, upon defining a subscriber, notice the lookup for the event does not work along with panel size issues with the CE subscriber “wizard”. I am using windows XP Pro.
Common problems and solution:
1. Problem: I kept getting NPE in my pojo contextual event handler when I try to access the UI Shell tabcontext.
“To access TabContext methods from within a task flow, define a parameter for TabContext in the task flow. The UI Shell template passes in TabContext.”
2. Problem: Upon running an app with BTF if the btf does not render in a region and within the log console, you see a line that says
“<ViewXmlImpl> <parsePageParameters> ADFc: Failed to parse element ‘input-page-parameter’.”
Solution: Check the btf xml source and make sure you delete any empty input-page-parameter. I see this happen when I try to create a parameter on the btf but then delete it. it dosnt seem the source file is synched with the update.
- Contextual Events can only be consumed by a parent subscriber.
Page (event cannot be consumed here)
-Btf (event can be consumed here)
–Btf (event fired from here)
There must be a way to broadcast to a ancestor page, I have not yet found a solution.
- Programatic contextual events
- Navigate to BTF programmatically
- Programmatically passing parameters into a BTF. Long story short. In R2, you can just call the addTab() method that takes a parameters map.
Upon undeloying an app within embedded wls, I get the following error
“Removal of application policy failed”
When running an application with with a button that fires a contextual Event, I notice the following console printout from embedded wls.
“Failed to build StructureDefinition”
Found this answer